Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) is an initiative of the Summer Work Experience program. It provides wage subsidies to employers to create employment and summer job opportunities for secondary and post-secondary students. Companies may receive up to 50-100% in wage subsidies.
Canada Summer Jobs provides funding to not-for-profit organizations, public-sector employers and small businesses with 50 or fewer employees to create summer job opportunities for young people aged 15 to 30 years who are full-time students intending to return to their studies in the next school year.
Again this year, Canada Summer Jobs welcomes applications from small businesses, not-for-profit employers, public sector and faith-based organizations that provide quality summer jobs for students.
Who Can Apply?
- Non-For-Profit organizations;
- public sector employers; and
- private sector employers with 50 or fewer full-time employees across Canada. Full-time employees are those working 30 hours or more per week with the employer.
The criteria to assess the proposals focus on:
- jobs that support local priorities;
- jobs that provide career-related experience or early work experience;
- jobs with a salary that contributes to the student’s income;
- employers who provide supervision and mentoring; and
- service to local communities;
APPLICATION DEADLINE : February 2 2018