Cost-Shared programs by federal, provincial and territorial governments:
The Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP) is a five-year federal-provincial-territorial initiative to increase the competitiveness, prosperity, and sustainability of the agriculture, agri-food and agri-based products sector.
Since its launch, the CAP has been accepting applications in provinces where bilateral agreements have already been arranged, namely Ontario and Quebec.
This investment will be cost-shared on a 60:40 basis and delivered by provinces and territories to ensure programs are tailored to meet regional needs.
Cost Sharing Opportunities in Ontario
In Ontario, strategic initiatives under CAP will focus on achieving key outcomes related to Economic Development, Environmental Stewardship, and Protection and Assurance.
Cost-sharing (up to 50% of cost sharing for some projects and initiatives)
Eligible Activities & Expenditures
- Capital Expenses (Equipment purchases/retrofits, construction, software etc.)
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems implementation & upgrades.
- Product, Processes & Technology Development & Innovation
- Food Safety / Traceability Systems
- Marketing – Domestic & Export
- Business Development Planning
- Plant & Livestock related infrastructure
- Not for Profit organizations initiatives raising agricultural awareness & education.
- Maximum 50% cost share for some projects & initiatives
- Up to maximum 250K for some projects & activities
Who can apply
For-profit & Not-for-profit organizations in the following categories are eligible –
Producers, Processors i.e. any established company that is a manufacturer and is
- currently directly involved in the transformation of agricultural commodities, food, beverage or agri-based bio-products in Ontario may meet the eligibility criteria.
This includes processors:
- Tobacco-based pharmaceuticals or other bio-products
- Ornamentals (flowers, shrubs, sod, etc., both land-based and greenhouse)
- Health or nutrition supplements
- Pet food products
or Other business: Businesses or manufacturers that want to adapt products, services or processes that will help drive producer and processor productivity.
The second round of intake is now open. Producers, Processors, and Other Businesses supporting agricultural industries can apply for cost-share funding until August 28, 2018, at 5 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time.
To know which CAP Cost Share program best fits your business and to position your grant proposals for approval contact EVAMAX Group.