AV R&D Partnership Fund
Stream 1: Collaborative R&D project
This program provides funding to collaborative projects that develop and demonstrate technologies in the Connected and Autonomous Vehicle sector.
How Much Funding?
Up to 33.3% of eligible expenses to a maximum of $100,000 over 12 months.
Minimum one Applicant and one Primary Partner
- Either an SME operating (R&D, manufacturing, product management, etc.) in Ontario or
- An Ontario publicly-funded post-secondary academic institution (college or university)
- National and Multi-National Enterprises (NEs and MNEs)
- Publicly-funded Post-Secondary Academic Institutions
- Indigenous Communities
- Not-For-Profit Organizations
Eligible Activities & Expenditures
Technology development, demonstration, product/service validation, testing, and proof of concept
Project must be in the automotive and mobility sector in Ontario, such as connected and autonomous vehicle (C/AV) technology, in the following priority areas:
- Mass light vehicles, such as cars, trucks and vans
- Heavy duty vehicles, including commercial vehicles, trucks, buses, recreational vehicles (RVs), and others used for goods movement
- Transportation infrastructure
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)
- Transit-supportive systems and vehicles
Ongoing until December 31, 2021, or until all funds are allocated.