See updated article on CanExport Increased Funding:CanExport for SMEs: Project Funding Update 2019
The CanExport program is a five-year, $50-million Government of Canada program that provides direct financial assistance to Canadian small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs), seeking to develop new export opportunities and markets, especially high-growth emerging markets.
The program offers non-repayable grants that offset trade show costs, including development of marketing materials, travel and per diem costs for up to two employees. Events funded through the program should provide a direct benefit to the company’s market development strategy.
Non-repayable grant of up to $50,000 to reimburse up to 50% of eligible expenses to promote your business in new international markets.
Eligible Activities & Expenditures:
- Participation in one or more trade shows (within the same foreign country);
- Travel to foreign country;
- Modifications to marketing materials;
- Foreign product certifications: and
- Marketing and competitive research related to the foreign country.
- Contractor fees
- Legal fees
Related: Government Grants for Export
CanExport applications are evaluated against the following criteria:
- Incremental results;
- Strong Export Business Case;
- Alignment to Government Trade Strategies/Priorities;
- Market Potential; and
- Prior History in Export Market Development.
Who can apply?
- Have 1 – 250 full-time employees;
- Earn $200,000 to $50,000,000 in annual revenue;
- Federally incorporated or a limited liability partnership;
- Have expansion plans for new or under-developed export countries;
- Have eligible project expenses of at least $20,000;
- Match the Canadian government funding contribution on a 1:1 ratio;
- Not operate in the agriculture or agri-food industry. Companies in the Agri-Food sectors, looking for export support are eligible to apply to Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada’s AgriMarketing program
Applications have an open-intake and will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis, subject to the availability of funding. We recommend applying at least eight weeks ahead of incurring expenses to accommodate the review and approval process.
For assistance in preparing your submission and to position your application for approval contact EVAMAX Group to help you with the process. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-711-7733