CanExport for SME’s is an initiative of the Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) aimed at encouraging Canadian companies to expand the market potential of their products through financial support for commercialization and providing a platform for foreign partnerships.
Increased funding: Up to $75,000 per application on a 75% cost-sharing basis (max project cost: $100,000).
Updated eligibility criteria: The eligibility criteria have been expanded to include agricultural producers and processors under the same program (previously applied for export-related activity under Agri-Marketing)
Who can apply?
TCS will provide non-repayable funds on a 75% cost-sharing basis to cover eligible expenses up to a maximum of $75,000 per application. The grant request must be at least $20,000. Stacking is allowed with other overall government (federal, provincial, municipal) funding capped at 75% of eligible costs.
- Be a for-profit, incorporated legal entity or a limited liability partnership (LLP)
- Must have a Canada Revenue Agency business number (unless Indigenous-owned or led)
- Employ no more than 500 full-time equivalent employees
- Between $100K and $100M in annual revenue in Canada during the last year
- Business travel
- Market research
- Participation at trade events and fairs
- Adaptation, translation and interpretation services
- Intellectual property protection, certification, and adaptation of contracts
- Expert advice on business, legal or tax matters, and more
Related: Government Grants for Export
- Travel & accommodation costs (max 2 persons: employee or owner of the company)
- Registration and participation fees at trade fairs
- Cost of marketing tools to adapt the product in international markets
- Service interpretation for the target market
- Intellectual Property (IP) protection and certification fees in the target market(s)
- Consultant fees (business advice, market research, and feasibility studies)