This program supports small- or medium-sized businesses in introducing their product/service to new international markets.
How Much Funding?
Up to 75%, up to a maximum of $75,000
Combined financial assistance cannot exceed 75% for any eligible expenditure
- Be an employee of the Canadian SME with decision-making authority for the IP
- Have a pre-identified Foreign Partner
- Demonstrate adequate managerial capabilities
*The innovators from Canadian SMEs apply for this program
Eligible Activities & Expenditures
Collaboration with foreign partners project-driven technology commercialization efforts (e.g. co-development, validation, adaptation)
- Travel to meet foreign partner to negotiate/formalize R&D collaboration
- Travel to meet foreign investors to gain investment funds to support R&D of technology
- Development of legal documentation to formalize a contractual agreement with the foreign partner for R&D