CAP (Canadian Agricultural Partnership) – Ontario Funding:
Enterprise Resource Planning and Supply Chain Management Systems Program:
CAP is a five-year joint federal-provincial-territorial initiative to support the agriculture, agri-food and agri-based products sectors in Canada in terms of competitiveness, prosperity and sustainability. Businesses in these sectors can access cost-share funding for projects to make new improvements and adopt new practices.
This funding is offered to Ontario-based processors seeking to make an improvement at a facility to put in place software systems that will streamline and integrate business applications and contribute to improved business results.
The Program provides non-repayable grants on a cost-shared basis to cover eligible expenses at 35% of up to a maximum of $100,000 per project.
- Resource management plan implementation
- First-time development of reports or dashboards that integrate meaningful metrics and benchmarks such as:
- Product shipping, distribution or routing across different transportation modes (e.g., trucking, intermodal, rail, marine)
- Border requirement integration
- Supply and demand forecasting, management performance reports
- Inventory and input management
- Order fulfillment benchmarking
- Product quality management
- First-time costs to implement a supply chain optimization such as:
- Electronic Data Interface (EDI) systems
- Integrating products into national standardized product registry for synchronized data exchange
- One-time training costs for new project-related systems
- One-time labour costs specifically required for the project
- One-time costs for rental of facilities, processing equipment or machinery required specifically for the project
- Use of equipment
- Materials and Supplies
- Use of land and facilities
Who can apply?
Agri-food & Agri-product Processors with fewer than 200 employees that have completed an Enterprise Resource Planning or supply chain audit or assessment that demonstrates the need for the project and have identified baseline Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for productivity, energy usage, and waste management.
The company must be either:
- An established company that is a manufacturer and is currently directly involved in the transformation of agricultural commodities, food, beverage or agri-based bio-products in Ontario may meet the eligibility criteria.
- New entrants to the food and agri-product processing industry may also be considered for cost-share funding for education, training, assessments, and audits as long as they have business projections that demonstrate the potential annual gross business income of $30,000 or more within three years of applying.
The program is currently active and renewable. There are 2-3 intakes in a year. The next intake is expected to be in January 2019.
To learn more about whether your company qualifies for this funding & for assistance in preparing your submission and to position your application for approval contact EVAMAX Group to help you with the process.
You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-711-7733