Are you an employer looking to hire youth and provide them with the opportunity to enhance job skills while gaining work experience? The Environmental Employability Pathways program is offering funding to approved employers hiring youth (ages 15 to 30) and facing barriers (young women, visible minority youth, indigenous youth, youth living with a disability, official language minority communities (OLMC)). Employers will acquire a set of new talent while saving on hiring and training costs.
Type of Funding Available
Funding is available to approved employers covering 100% of an employee’s salary up to $15,000. For placements starting on or after April 1st, 2022, 50% of employee salaries can be covered up to $15,000.
- Youth participants must be between 15-30 years of age; a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or protected person as defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and legally entitled to work in Canada
- Employer Requirements
- Placements can be full-time or part-time with up to max. Claim up to 40 hours per week starting on or after November 1st, 2021, up to March 15th, 2022.
- Organizations are Canadian owned or a Canadian subsidiary
- Delivering work experience with a focus on developing skills, leadership, and team development
Hiring and Training Costs for eligible sectors:
- Resource sectors
- Environmental assessment companies
- Post-secondary institutions
- Indigenous scientific sector
- Environmental and technology associations
Funding is available for positions having started on or after November 1st, 2021, running until March 15th, 2022. Funding not available yet for placements starting in April 2022 but future intakes are expected to open.