Excellence in Manufacturing Consortium
Excellence in Manufacturing Consortium (EMC), via its WIL Works program, is a preferred partner for the Government of Canada to deliver the Student Work Placement Program (SWPP) to Canada’s manufacturing and related sectors.
How Much Funding?
- Up to 50% to a maximum of $5,000 per placement.
- Up to 70%, with maximum $7,000 for placements from under represented group
Registered Canadian businesses
- Are committed to paying the student for the role.
- Are willing to provide a quality learning experience to a PSE student.
- Have the financial capacity to pay the student for the duration of the placement in full.
Eligible Activities & Expenditures
Hiring Canadian post secondary student to Canada's manufacturing and related sectors.
Program opens per student work term
- Fall (Sept. - Dec.)
- Winter (Jan. - Apr.)
- Spring (May - Aug.)