This Global AIME Initiative (Achieving Innovation and Manufacturing Excellence) offers manufacturers in south, central and eastern Ontario up to $100,000 to offset the training expenses related to projects focusing on innovation and achieving a competitive advantage.
History: The Government of Canada, Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario, has re-invested in this program through the Investing in Business Growth and Productivity Initiative (IBGP).
The AIME Global program supports southern Ontario manufacturers to undertake training or skills-upgrading activities which will support innovation at the manufacturing facilities. All initiatives must support innovation which will lead to new global export opportunities or create new global markets.
Projects focusing on developing new engineering skills, training in the use of new software, hardware or other tools necessary to support innovation;
Training to adopt and adapt new technologies, new manufacturing methods or any other area of business that will make a southern Ontario manufacturing company more competitive in the global market place.
Eligible training activities:
- Training that supports the adaption of new technology, new processes or procedures or a change within the company to support innovation. This training must clearly be linked to innovations leading to expansion into new domestic or international markets; and
- Training that supports and develops highly skilled personnel in any area that leads to innovation.
Examples of types of training:
- Development of new engineering skills;
- Training in the use of new software, hardware or other tools necessary to support innovation;
- Adopting and adapting new technologies, new manufacturing methods
- Have between 10-1000 employees in southern Ontario;
- Have been continuously in business for at least three years (3 years);
- Demonstrate a solid financial footing over the three year period;
- Manufacturing facility or facilities in Southern Ontario (as per Yves Landry website).
- Manufacture a specific product for sale in Ontario or elsewhere.
First time applicants: Up to a maximum of $100,000 with 50% shared costs.
Second tier (Manufacturers who have received this funding more than 24 months ago):
Up to $100,000 with a shared contribution up to 25%.
Application intake is open until funds are depleted.
For assistance in preparing your submission and to position your application for approval contact EVAMAX Group to help you with the process. You may also email us at email@example.com or call 1-877-711-7733.