Alberta Innovates - Industry R&D Associates Program
This program provides funding to businesses to enable them to hire a research and development professional to advance their technology in order to accelerate commercialization.
How Much Funding?
Up to $67,500/year to subsidize full-time employment
of critical R&D human capital
Amount of funding is dependent on the level of associate:
- Level 1 – full-time, up to $52,500 per year
- Level 2 – full-time, up to $67,500 per year
Applicant must provide at least 25% of the Associate's salary in cash
- For-profit SME (less than 500 full time employees; less than $50M in annual gross revenue)
- Demonstrate the relationship between the Applicant and the Associate does not create a conflict of interest
- Be a legal entity incorporated in Alberta
- Does not currently have more than 2 active Alberta Innovates-funded Associates
Eligible Activities & Expenditures
Commercialization of innovation
- Project must be completed within 1 year period