Alberta Innovates - Voucher Programs
This program supports projects that aim to de-risk feasible technological solutions, support emerging technologies and increase the development and implementation of innovative technology products that can generate economic, social, and environmental benefit for Albertans.
How Much Funding?
$10,000-$100,000 paid directly to one Service Provider
- For-profit SME (less than 500 full time employees; less than $50M in annual gross revenue)
- Must work in collaboration with up to 3 Service Providers to advance technology closer to commercialization
- Demonstrate the relationship between the Applicant and the Service Provider does not create a conflict of interest
- Be a legal entity incorporated in Alberta
Eligible Activities & Expenditures
- New product R&D
- Leading-edge design, engineering and prototype development
- Advanced product testing and refinement
- Patent development (not including patent maintenance fees)
- Advanced market assessment or segmentation analysis
- Advanced business and/or marketing strategies
- Other technology development activities