Canada Alberta Job Grant
This program helps employers finance training for current and future employees, in hopes to increase Alberta’s labour force through skill development. Through this program, the employer applies on behalf of their employee(s) for eligible training costs.
How Much Funding?
- Up to 66%, to a maximum of $10,000 per existing employee receiving training.
- Up to 100%, to a maximum of $15,000 per unemployed Albertan being hired and trained.
- Maximum of $300,000 per employer per fiscal year
- Employers must have current or potential employees who need training to fill current or future positions
- Training providers must be third-party partners, separate and distinct from the employer
- Training must be the main business activity of the training provider
Eligible Activities & Expenditures
Training existing or potential employees to fill current or future positions
* Training must be delivered in Alberta and is related to a job that is also located in Alberta
* Training providers must be third-party partners, separate and distinct from the employer
* Training must be the main business activity of the training provider