CAP Agri-Science Projects
This program aims to increase innovation by providing funding and support for pre-commercial science activities and research in the Canadian agriculture and agri-food sector.
How Much Funding?
For-profit: 50% contribution
Maximum contribution is $5 million over 5 years.
Canada-wide For-profit and non-profit organizations that are incorporated in Canada
Eligible Activities & Expenditures
- R&D around minor commodities
- New production and processing technologies
- Agricultural productivity
- Research on agricultural inputs, improved crop/livestock traits (e.g. genetics), environment (e.g. GHG), food safety, barriers to market entry
- Minor crop/ livestock production R&D
- R&D for major commodities that improve yield/quality, better traits for food and non-food use, pest/disease resistance, adapt to climate change, GHG reduction, water, soil, biofuels, food safety
- Export market access issues
Ongoing until September 2023