Are you a small or medium-sized enterprise (SME) looking to fund your international collaborative research and development (R&D) efforts? Eurostars is looking to support SMEs seeking international collaborative research and development projects to create innovative products, processes, or services for commercialization.
Type of Funding Available
Funding from Eurostars is a non-repayable contribution, available to Canadian SMEs through the National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC IRAP). NRC IRAP can cover up to 50% of eligible project costs, with the maximum funding possible being CAD 500,000 per eligible Canadian SME participant per project. The funding is a non-repayable contribution.
- Be an incorporated for-profit small or medium-sized business within Canada
- Have 500 or fewer full-time employees
- Must have been operating for at least 12 months before Eurostars application deadline
- Must be pursuing growth or profit with development or commercialization of technology-driven, innovative products, services, or processes
- Must be able to pursue a multi-year R&D collaboration and commercialization project with sufficient working capital
- An innovative SME from a participating Eurostars country must be in the lead of the project
- The project must include at least two separate entities that are independent of each other, with at least one entity from an EU or Horizon Europe Associated Country
- Budget of SMEs from participating countries must be 50% or more of the total cost for the project
- Not one participant or country should be responsible for more than 70% of the budget for projects
- The duration of the project must be below 36 months
- The project must have a focus on civil and everyday application
- Must be clients of NRC IRAP before submitting Eurostars application (SMEs not already NRC IRAP clients must register four weeks before the Eurostars application deadline)
- Must be eligible for funding from NRC IRAP
- Any research and development work are described as a creative and systematic work taken to increase knowledge and new ways of applying learned knowledge
- Innovative projects are described to be a new or improved product, process, or service with significant differences from the previous rendition of the product or process and can be made available for commercial use
The deadline to apply for a Eurostars application for SMEs that are already NRC IRAP clients is March 24, 2022, at 8:00 AM EST. The funding proposal deadline for NRC IRAP is April 13, 2022.