OCI – Voucher with Innovation and Productivity (VIP)
This program funds collaborative innovation efforts between Ontario businesses and post-secondary institutions. These projects should generate economic benefits for Ontario’s businesses in a short-term time frame.
How Much Funding?
- Up to 50% of total eligible project costs, from $20,000 to $150,000
- Minimum OCE contribution $20,000 per year
*The funding is awarded to the research partner, and, in this way, can be used to supplement the research budget.
- For-profit, incorporated in Ontario for at least two years, and has a valid CRA business number
- Has a minimum of five full-time equivalent (FTE) employees in Ontario
- Is using or developing technology innovation or innovative processes for competitive advantage in provincial, national and/or global markets
- Has operations (production and/or R&D) in Ontario related to the project
Eligible Activities & Expenditures
Collaborations between Ontario's industry and publicly funded post-secondary institutions to develop, implement and commercialize technical innovations